The imaginal mind is
- the awareness of that which comes to us from beyond our five senses, from beyond sight, sound, taste, touch and smell
- the world of our sixth sense, the world that provides us with the intuitive knowledge of the world beyond, the world of our unconscious and universal minds that comes to us through our imagination, dreams, hypnosis and ecstatic trance
- the world greatly valued by our hunter-gatherer ancestors for its spirit guides of ancestral and animal spirits that came to them through dreams and ecstatic trance
- the world we left behind when we began to value the rational, the world of our five senses, the world we have relegated to superstition and fantasy
- the world we have shut off just as the world of sound is shut off for the deaf and the world of sight is shut off for those who are blind
- the world that can provide us with a much broader and deeper perception of life and the Earth around us, the world that can promote healing, lead us to greater self-actualization, facilitate the creative process and heal the Earth.
This world of the imaginal mind is being validated by the current researcher of modern physics, a world that is again available to us who are ready to seek it. It is the world I have been writing about in my last several books.